This training seminar is designed to give you the tools necessary to take on all your dog training endeavors. You'll understand how dogs learn and process information, proper care and nutrition for your dogs from a leading expert in the world of dog food, as well as all the up-to-date training techniques. For your convenience, we will also provide you with a training manual that will help you on your journey.
These training seminars help support the ongoing mission of Hira's Legacy and Ketopet Sanctuary.
Hira’s Legacy & Ketopet Sanctuary
Format: 6 Hour Workshop
Schedule: 9:00AM to 3:00PM (Schedule may change)
Date: None currently scheduled
- Intro to Training Philosophy.
- 3 Primary Principles: Timing / Motivation / Consistency.
- Science Behind Learned Commands.
- Operant Conditioning & Creating a Pro-Active Doggy..
- 4 Quadrants of Operant Conditioning.
- 4 Types of Training Rewards: Pressure / Escape / Avoidance / Balance.
Hour 2 & 3
- Problem Solving: Explain / Demonstrate / Try It.
- Engagement Training with People Before Dogs.
- Shaping Behaviors.
- Break – Lunch
- Meta Perspectives on Pet Food, and Consumer Choices for Long-Term Health.
- Evaluating Pet Food in the Store (how do I parse an ingredient deck?)
- Treats – What They Mean from a Macronutrient Perspective and Overall Caloric Density.
- Chew Toys, Bones & Human Foods.
- Rendered Meats and Fats.
- Trick Class
- Canine Good Citizen Test
Nate Schoemer | Certified Dog Trainer
Ali Plasil | Certified Dog Trainer
Daniel Orrego | President of Ketopet Sanctuary